Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 4 months ago

Do scientists say the creation of life on earth was deliberate or accidental?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Neither of those words is exactly right, but "accidental" is closer to the truth than "deliberate."  An "accident" in common usage implies something bad happened.  But life came into existence as the result of natural, non-cognitive forces that were neither good nor bad.  "Stuff happens."

• Jim
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The fallacy of life coming from somebody or somewhere else is where did THAT life come from? Follow it back. Then you only have 2 choices:

1) God did it.

2) nature did it.

You choose!

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

They say it was inadvertent.

• CRR
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

There is no plausible naturalistic explanation for the origin of life. The observed evidence is consistent with a supernatural origin.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • |
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Scientist is a person that does not know and makes researches - to find hypotheses.

------------------------------------- lets elaborate it -----------------------------------

::"the creation of life on earth was deliberate or accidental?"

Use logic, positive and negative electric charge attract each other and create spark|s, so if life (had) been created, should be both "deliberate and anti-accidental" (because should have 2 opposites that will attract each other for risk of creating better or vanishing both each other).

But you don't have huge suspicion that life still is not created here on this planet?

That life still does not exist?

Because it is simple: "if it vanishes it is not life".

If some say: Life is to be created and to vanish...

--- that is prove that is not even started to be created, and is some compound with transitional form.

If some say life are humans ... is same as "ant saying":

* yesterday had dream I've been elephant in my past life, ... do you think tomorrow I will be a car? *

Source(s): >> Sometimes I enjoy disappointing people <<
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

no they don't

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Scientists say neither deliberate or accidental. What scientists say in creation did not happen. There is no evidence for any creation myth.

• 4 months ago

Most scientists do not pass judgement on that question but would tend to side with non-deliberate (we can argue whether the event was relatively inevitable and foreseeable even if not deliberate, so not truly accidental) because there is no evidence for any deliberate intervention.

Scientists most certainly all hold an opinion, but they will not usually offer that opinion in the context of scientific discussions because it is not relevant, and as such is actually inappropriate.  If you ask scientists, as individuals and not scientists, to give an opinion, you will get a very wide range of answers.  Their knowledge colors their opinions, but their opinions do not color their knowledge.

I have never met a qualified scientist who claimed that some unseen being intervened to modify natural processes via a "Miracle", if that is your question.  Even the deeply Christian and Muslim ones.  The very idea of a miracle is non-scientific.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Those that believe in God, believe that creation was a deliberate and purposeful act. And those that believe that chaos created order, nature's laws, and intricate systems and designs believe what they do.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Isaiah-45-18/

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Scientists say nothing occurs randomly in the universe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.