casey asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Every time I do my makeup. It looks horrible, especially around my pores. What should I do? ?

I should state that I’m a heavy set woman and I live in Louisiana. It’s so hot and humid, and sometimes it storms for days. I also do CrossFit and sweat like crazy. I drink 64 ounces of water a day, I make sure to wash and moisturize my skin every night.  Whenever I do my makeup, my pores look so bad. I make sure to exfoliate at least once or twice a week. I even brought a face mask that helps with clogged pores and brought the Maybelline pore eraser primer. Nothing seems to work, and I hate wearing makeup. What should I do? Any tips I will be so grateful for, thank you. 

It's the heat, humidity and sweat. Your pores and sweat glands are doing exactly what they are supposed to do, sweat profusely to help your body keep cool. Across the bridge of the nose and across the cheeks it's literally the body's natural cooling center. If you put anything over this area your body produces more sweat to break through the barrier in order to keep you cool. Many women think their pores are a problem if they are visible. In reality their pores are normal and have to be large enough to function properly. Pores are a vital part of skin's health. Ignore make-up and skin care advertising, you need pores. To help them look less obvious: 

Keep the heavy stuff off the nose and cheeks. You don't need foundation, primer or powder to look good. Emphasize the eyes, use a bit of blush under the fat part of the cheeks to emphasize the cheekbones and use a lip color that's a bit brighter or darker. Take attention away from what you don't like and emphasize everything else. In th summer many stop wearing heavy foundations because they sweat away too easily. Since it's summer almost all year where you live you should wear lighter summery makeup that's less likely to sweAt away.

I had the same problem as you. Sometimes a foundation will not work for you and will magnify your pores. A good pore primer will get rid of the problem. 

Wearing makeup clogs the pores and causes breakouts. Then you just have to keep wearing more and keep buying more. It's a waste of time and money all to just damage your skin. Thats why I havent worn any in years, and my skin is much softer and healthier now. I almost never get any problems with it these days. If you hate wearing makeup like you say you do, then stop.