Should I get a rabies shot?

Hey, I ordered some food from Uber eats and I left the bag outside for a minute. When I went to get it I saw a skunk near it, I’m not sure if he got inside or not but the bag was overturn. Anyways, it was night time so I couldn’t see if it was showing any signs of rabies, he just ran away as soon as it saw me. 

Anyways, I didn’t think about it and ate the food, it’s a few minutes later that I realized that the food might have been tainted. Now, my biggest concern is rabies. The skunk could have grabbed something and it’s saliva could have gotten on it, so I’m just worried.

That is waaay over thinking this. Rabies in skunks is actually pretty rare but you didnt get bitten and you didnt get saliva with virus into your blood stream.

• Edna

You won't contract rabies unless the skunk had rabies and bit you very deeply. You contract rabies when the saliva of a rabid animal enters your bloodstream. You won't contract rabies just from touching the animal's saliva  or touching something that the animal has touched. The animal has to bite you and inject  its saliva deeply into your bloodstream.   

• kelvin

you need too get therapy for your rabies obsession and your trolling

• Rick

as rabies is a brain infection and a TERRIBLE way to die, VERY painful, I sure would ...............   Also, it's NOT curable .

Very few cases of rabies in America, and I am 99% sure you would need to be bit to become infected ... but why are you asking us? Call a hospital (!)

• Olive

Its possible through the saliva but usually its thru a bite or open wound youd cstch it. I really doubt the skunk had rabies, he was probaly just looking around for food or mark territory and you scared him away. Surprising he didnt spray you

I might be wrong but aren’t rabies transmitted through the bloodstream. Unless you have lesions or cuts in your mouth, you should be safe.

No vaccines are working - so, No!