Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

Why are people celebrating the "high" ratings of the NBA when they're doing worse than the XFL was doing?

And you'd think the ratings would be through the roof since we've had several months with no sports at all. 

The doubleheader on TNT for the first night back drew an average of 2.9 million viewers. 

The XFL had 3.1 million viewers for week 1. They're now bankrupt

A lot of people are boycotting the NBA. 

These games being played right now are basically glorified preseason games. They mean nothing. They should have just played maybe a few days of preseason games then start the tournament. Regular season NBA is boring. When the games start to matter then the ratings will pick up. 

XFL had a combined 3.1 million viewers for week 1, and significantly fell from that point on. The NBA averages 3 million viewers per game. And they play a lot of games. It's apples and oranges. 

• The NBA ratings are on par with what they were getting this year.  

nba = china...........

I think the major sports organizations know hard-core fans will still tune in, regardless of this BS virtue-signalling.   Those same organizations also know that, if they fail to give penance, the woke crowd will attack them relentlessly.

Unless fans really followed through with tuning out, the smart move on the part of the organizations is to cave to the left.

I am so glad I don't follow sports.   I don't have any decision to make!

thats more viewers than beyonce black king movie