So I had to send a lawyer a waiver through the mail and I wrote the delivery address on the envelope like this ?

Guys first name middle intial and last name , esq.

Name of guys law office

P.O. BOX 

Street address

Town, state zipcode

All in capitial letters because thats the way he texted his address to me . My question is will that be ok, meaning will it be able to reach the correct place without delay atleast do to the way I wrote the delivery address on the envelope???

• drip
    Favorite Answer

It doesn’t matter if you write in all capital letter or all smaller case letters. As long as it is legible.

But you have either a PO Box or you have a street address.   Not both. A PO Box  is at the post office.

And although this wouldn’t affect your letter not getting to the office, you should put the company’s name on the first line, then the second line would have the person’s name.

So will having put the po box and then a street address make it NOT get to the lawyer . Showed him picture of the way I addressed the envelope and he said it was correct and yet it's been a week and he doesnt have it

It should be deliverable and writing in all CAPS has nothing to do with the ability to deliver.

• Gladys

you did it right

Unknown. It's EITHER a P.O. Box OR a street address.

• Squid

It's fine.  The PostOffice can ready capital letters.  It's actually fairly common for people with very bad handwriting to use block letters in all caps.