Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Why do people try to claim African-Americans as white?

They are not white they are only 10% white on average and they clearly do NOT look white anyway they should be considered BLACK like what they are stop claiming them as everything but black it doesn’t matter if they are pure or not they have 80 to 90% Sub-Saharan African genes they are black simple as that.

Update:

@anonymous your going to call them black anyway because that’s what they are

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not all of them are like this.

Source(s): Reality.
  • adam
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

if there is a mud puppy in the wood pile then you aint white. You are mixed at best . and no self respecting white woman would ever F a mud puppy . I sure as F dont burn coal!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nobody calls us white and black americans have varying degrees of white admixture that we don't even claim.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Technically since race theory didn't even exist until the Victorians invented it and since it has largely been debunked, none of us are really anything more than just slightly different version of the same exact group, that being homo sapiens. Race is more social than scientific. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Skincolour is not about "percentages", and there is nothing to "consider".

The hypothesis that humans come in races and the "one-drop-rule" have been proven wrong 70 years ago

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sounds like you need something new to think about. Is there a community college near by?

• 2 months ago

1. Which people are you referring to that make this claim?

2. Why the f*** do you care so much?

3. Why are you posting anonymously unless you're trying to hide something?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have never heard anyone say this...but I am sure you also say "Barack Obama was not black, because he had a white mother".  So pick...  ARE black people only black IF they have two black parents, or not? (You can't pick both - that is like saying "3 is 3, except when it is 2".)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Who tries to claim that they are white?

Whatever they want to identify with is their choice, and whatever they want to be called I call them. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.