Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

How can you tell if a music band is British or American?

They say there’s bands that have a British sound or an American sound.  

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Unless you read their printed lyrics and look up where it was recorded, you can't.

It was easy in the early days, but almost impossible now.  In the early days, rock was invented by American black people and had a very distinct sound.  It was raw, it was gritty, it was catchy as hell and it was incredibly aggressive.  Rock & roll was the first flavour of music that was designed to be played as loud as humanly possible.

Early British rock & roll was somewhat like American rock, only more 'cultured' in the approach.  It was played with more nuanced guitar chords and a more folksy feel, not as cheesed off or aggressive as American rock, but still with that sense of rebellion for the sake of it.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I can always tell if they're American, but I can't really tell the difference if there from some other country like Europe or Australia or England or something like that. All of my favorite bands are American too. 

• 2 months ago

Google It! I'm a fan of Celtic Punk and it's not just from Ireland/America anymore.  Some favs are Mr. IrishBastard from Germany, The Rumjacks from Australia and Paddy & The Rats from Hungary.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

W.T.F. is an "American sound"?  There are 35 countries & 20 principalities in America.  There are at least hundreds of languages spoken.  Of these, the most common are Spanish, English & Portuguese.  

Awww... wassamatta fruitboys?  Can't handle the truth?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well, take Happy Mondays, Oasis, and The Buzzcocks. 

They are all from Texas.

How to know this? Texans pronounce  water as Wooohhh'ah.

Dead giveaway. 

• simone
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Google them or read their wiki

• Aiden
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Well it's either their accent, or the lyrics that give it away. English people and American people have very different ways of speaking. English people tend to be more vulgar and sarcastic or clever with their lyrics. Americans tend to keep things cleaner than the English variants but they're very simple and repetitive. 

They also tend to have different styles of music but sometimes that mixes so this is not always the case.

• 2 months ago

Well, it depends on where they come from.  People born in England are British whereas people born in America are American.  I assume you're American, you're clearly very stupid.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Mostly from the lyrics...  as in written language.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.