Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

Why do i hear crackling when i exhale?

ive had this unusual symptom for months now, at the end of my exhalation i sometimes hear this crackling that comes from my left lung, sometimes it goes away, sometimes it changes in sound, and sometimes it feels like it moves because it sometimes feels like i can cough whatever it is thats inside my left lung, but the most it reaches is the end of my throat, i got a chest x ray done but doctor found nothing abnormal, blood tests also came back fine, however, im afraid its something that will become more serious down the line, i dont smoke or anything but im afraid it's caused by the fact that i used throw out garbage and debris when i was a teenager for work and that i used to also use baby powder for my private area for a few years, 

• Rick

This crackling sound is a classic symptom for pneumonia.  They listen for a sound that`s very similar to crinkling up hard cellophane.   You don`t want to mess around with pneumonia so go see your doctor or go the an Emergency Room asap.  Good luck.

Could just be mucus. I’d try an expectorant like Mucinex, but you should talk to your doctor before trying that.