Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

What to expect for a teen circumcision?

Finally getting circumcised in two weeks from today. I just want to know what to expect, in terms of pre-surgery and recovery. 

I'm looking to get back to playing my sport, which has tryouts two weeks after the surgery is completed. Will that be enough time to go back?

What are other people's stories with getting circumcised as a teenager or adult?

This circumcision is required as I have very severe phimosis, and caused pain for day-to-day activity. This isn't for a cosmetic reason nor a cultural belief. 

The penis is the most sensitive & important part on a mans body. That said, I cannot imagine "Why" a guy would want a sharp knife anywhere close to this prize possession. There is always, always another way to solve a medical situation. Ask a different doctor for a second opinion, please.  Been there done that. mo.

I am Not Butchered because I dont need Butchering I hear for an adult it is worse than getting Kicked in the Family Jewels and the Pain lasts for about 10 weeks

the Mayo say Butchering in  2020 is not necessary for 99% of men who are Not required by Religious reasons

Not much worse than getting your junk caught in your zipper.

Ask your doctor if there's any other way to resolve your problem because surgery should be the last resort 

• alan P

There are various forms of circumcision so make sure you are clear about what you are getting.  The simplest method of circumcision is merely to cut off as much of the foreskin as can be gathered in front of the end of the penis.  More extreme forms of the operation will leave you with no foreskin at all and a scar on the shaft of the penis below the head.  If you just want to cure phimosis then it might be best to ask for the least invasive surgery.

Edit: Why take away more than necessary to cure the problem?  The questioner does not want circumcision for cosmetic reasons.  Some of methods of circumcision are stomach turning and serve no medical purpose.

I had mine done a few years back when i was 17,  Theres not alot pre-surgery to be honest, you'll wait, into a gown, on a bed, you'll get the injection to knock you out and you'll be asleep in seconds.

Recovery is, well its not 2 weeks and you wont be going to do sports thats for sure. no doubt you'll probably get dissolve stitches so they'll go by themselves. I had to have mine done for medical grounds too, my god its going to be alot more sensitive after thats for sure! 

dont listen to all these people saying 'sex etc is worse after'. Its each to their own. I couldn't have sex before it was too painful, now i can and its brilliant. So where does that leave there point? Truth is you wont know what its going to be like until you sort of have it done and you adjust to it, For me it was a life saver. But personally, if you think after 2 weeks you'll be running around doing sport i would very much think you're in for a shock. If you do, its probably going to hurt like hell. Dont worry about getting it done, just look after yourself after before you commit back to sports.. could end up worse then you had it before if you do some more damage..

as a baby is best, i dont remember a thing

u may need to wear a cup for protection for a while. Also ask your dr, this question

6 to 8 weeks recover time, typically.

Talk to your doctor about participating in the tryouts.

(Who's going bonkers on the TD's?)

I don't believe in genetilia mutilation on anyone, at any age.  Unless you are a Jew and your religion specifies that you must do it, it would be stupid.  I would not support any religion that dictates and mandates it on its people.  They would like to feel better about their cultural mutilation so they encourage others to do it too, with BS reasons and justification, which are completely false and not backed up by medical science.  God did not make a mistake with that part of a man's body.  Don't fall for it.