Is my husband being cheap and obnoxious to suggest something else for my birthday present?

I told my husband today I found the perfect birthday gift he can get me. He said to give him the information.I gave him the info including where to buy it with a photo too.  Later he comes to me, says he found other ones out there for less money. He contradicts my choices all the time when it comes, hotel choice, restaurant choice, all kinds of choices. I always research these things or places because they were my ideas in the first place. The problem with my husband is, he is not very thorough when he researches. The times he did it on his own, the hotels he picked were absolute disasters, they were older, dirty, and just not the best for the price we paid. In this instance, the item for my birthday is a beauty gadget. It has great reviews although not that many reviews but it was tested & recommended by a credible reviewer. My hub saw gadgets similar that had several reviews. It shouldn't just be based on reviews especially if you are comparing items that are not exactly the same item. Their features are not quite the same. I also read that reviewers are not always credible. Companies pay people to post reviews in exchange for money. The person who reviewed the product I want was not in for the money. She got the product a year ago and she only tried it recently, she has before and after photos of her results. Isn't it insulting to be contradicted in my choice especially on something that is for my own personal use? 

• Erik

You're missing the point, it's a gift, you can't DEMAND that he does what you say.  If he asks you that's different.  I bet the poor guy is miserable.

You have a marriage problem.  From now on you do all of the research, planning, and purchasing and hope your husband is okay with that; or research divorce lawyers.

You come across as rude and selfish. You are complaining about a birthday gift. If you want this item, why don't YOU buy it?  Your husband is free to buy whatever gift he wants for your birthday.. .

If you want a specific beauty gadget BUY IT YOURSELF.

Seriously, you must have something better to belly-aching.

Many people would be pleased if their partner had an opinion. 

Maybe a bit stupid.

Sounds like you posted this in the WRONG CATEGORY. Move it. Belongs under mental health you selfish idiot.