Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Why is so much music misogynistic?

Many songs seem to demonize women yet sexualize them at the same time. Why is that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • D50
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

So many male songwriters feel threatened by and therefore hate women. At the same time, they love to think about ******* them. So their lyrics are misogynistic.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because it's a man's world. Humans are one of the only species where the woman is the 'peacock' - in every other species, it's the responsibility of the male to be pretty, put on a show; get the woman's attention by showing his worth.

But woman are supposed to get dressed up, wear makeup, be sexy - we're supposed to be home makers, but at the same time, we're often treated like pieces of meat because we're supposed to be sexy to attract the man. 

Music isn't the only media that puts the woman on the chopping block - look at tv commercials and even actors in movies. Just as many women drink beer as do men, but beer commercials (and most commercials) the women are beautiful/ sexy/attractive - but, look at the men, they are most often, at best, average/boring. Look at how many beautiful lead actresses there are in comparison to the male leads in movies/tv.

Women are continually objectified and treated as nothing more than sexual objects for carrying babies - or just for having sex with.

A song written/performed by a woman tends to be more about passion and the relationship because women don't tend to look at men as something to be conquered, but cherished. 

And don't get me wrong - there are some wonderful songs written/performed by men about women. I do NOT think that ALL men and ALL women are the same (you can have a lewd/sexist woman as well - it's just not as common). But biologically speaking, there ARE distinctions between men and women - not only physically, but in how we perceive and treat the opposite sex.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

its a good reflection of the human race

• 2 months ago

I think its really mean, I dont know why they do that. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Because society is falling apart and being civil seems to be a long lost art. So, people accept the degeracy and go along with it. Next time you meet someone who listens to that kind of garbage, I'd recommend the word *liscentious* I don't think there's a better term to describe the current popular music and culture.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

i believe a lot of rap music is especially misogynistic, calling women bitches and gold diggers and whores etc. all they seem to like is the sex act

• 2 months ago

Because the past was really super misogynistic - and the present isn't much better.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Jim Morrison told us why when he wrote, "Women seem wicked when you are unwanted, streets are uneven when you're down." in his song "People are strange." 

Rejection hurts. When musicians have not made it big, they understandably would not have much luck with women. Who would want to date a guy who is struggling to make a living and who has no steady job? Groupies may throw themselves at star musicians, but few girls go ga ga over a guy who hasn't made it big yet and is dirt poor and may sleep in his car. When women won't give people the time of day, then they may seem evil. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Most songs are written by men and most songs are about relationships

• 2 months ago

a lot of music is written for teenagers and/or in the past

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.