Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I still get jealous that my wife is attracted to other people after I have been married for a while. How to let it go?

Wife will chat with her friends, but I hear it, about a guy or a doctor that is hot for example. She has always been wild and a flirt.  She has never and would never cheat but I guess like me she’s attracted to other people. Usually it’s when drinking. She’s a pretty girl so I expect guys to come up to her if I’m not there. Same happens to me, but the difference is I don’t talk about it in front of her. If I say something I look insecure. Any advice?

Favorite Answer

When you hear her say these things about hot guys, Are you snooping? I think it's disrespectful if she's doing it in your face all the time that would make any spouse feel some type of way. Never say she'll never do because the closest to you could surprise ya. Let's just say we hope that she has enough respect for her marriage to not do so. I wouldn't say nothing because if it's something she'll most definitely say your insecure and that will be your permanent answer anytime you bring it up. Keep cool! Until you see something that's clearly not right. Let her laugh and giggle with friends. Get busy on things you like to do and that whole situation will be irrelevant.

Yeah that's good that you're jealous of that hot Doctor. That doctor probably has worked his bu_tt off to earn it. Obviously girls are going to be attracted to a doctor who has good salary. 

You're probably aren't taking care of yourself in terms of looks or career wise. Why don't use that energy to work on yourself? Go open your business? Work hard at your job? Work to improve your looks , go work out... Don't talk to her about it, keep it to yourself but now that you know. Work your azz to be better than anyone around you.. So next time, no one can compete. Don't be weak or be a loser. Your wife probably isn't going to cheat right now, but she's looking for options. Get that into your head.. If you don't stop being lazy then you'll end up in a divorce or she's going to cheat. It's FACT 

I talk about how hot guys/girls are WITH my boyfriend lol our policy is to look, not to touch. And we're both doing very well at holding up our end. Being able to talk about anything with your partner is vital. However, if it makes you uncomfortable, just tell her! she may not be the one for you! 

• kristy

She’s wild and a flirt. She probably cheats all the time

While I'm no marriage counselor and heck - have never even been on a date... my thought is that there are varying degress of that - the joking level and the other where it almost seems that disloyalty is imminent and yet some people who try to pretend they are loyal actually go out of their way to hide an affair.

No easy answer to this.

Can't be too clingy, but you also have the right to expect a certain level of loyalty in a marriage.

My workmate complained that her husband stared into the side mirror of his truck as they passed by a woman walking - and when she brought it up to him in realtime he simply said "Hey!?!? I'm married... not blind..."

You may not be obligated to let it go but - if she is the type that might freak out if you are too bothered by it maybe that is the more important idea if preservation of the union is the priority.

Tough times these days. 

No matter who you are with, the other person (and even YOURSELF, don't fool us) will always find other human beings attractive, that's just human nature, you cannot help it. The fact is though is that your partner is committed to YOU, they are dating you, they are not being unfaithful just because they find another person attractive. If you are that insecure, then you are better off remaining single forever.

Sharing a thought that another is attractive is fine. It's flirting that is harmful. My husband and I can both tell one another if we find someone attractive, man or woman, but we wouldn't dare let that person know or flirt with anyone else. 

Try to become more secure and self assured.  My husband is in a profession dealing primarily with females.  I have never been jealous.

He married me, not them.

Not a problem, as long as she is only attracted to other humanoid life forms.

• Foofa

It's normal to still be attracted to others even once you're married. But talking about it in front of your spouse is rude. However, if she's always been this way at least you have the solace of knowing you picked her. One wonders if you thought her entire personality would change just because you put a ring on it. 

If your sure shes not cheating who cares?  Shes hot and your the one ramming her seems to me the more turned on she is the better.  But she might be cheating you dude you might want to dig into that and find out the truth.