keep oranges left out or in fridfe?

are you supposed to keep oranges/tangerines out or can you keep them in the fridge? I've always put mine in the fridge because i like them cold. but i have seen alot of people leave them out. (not sure for decoration or what)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Oranges are totally safe to store in or out of the fridge. No concerns. They should last longer in the fridge, and (aside from watermelon), there’s nothing more refreshing than a cold tangerine!

• 2 months ago

I always leave mine in the fridge as I find leaving fruit out can attract fruit flies. 

• 2 months ago

i think, fridfe

• 2 months ago

you can leave them out but they do taste nicer cold

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I just keep them out in the fruit bowl??.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Refrigerate them. Take out on hour before consuming is fine. 

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Fresh squeezed is the best but or you can do it yourself, to make a primo Screwdriver. I put my oranges in the fridge to chill  I prefer Valencia Oranges which are tart and have seeds.

• 2 months ago

oh my word... is this another cheap shot at president of the US! how dare you! (in greta thurnburg voice). also the first fridge is spelled wrong.. yeah, i went there... on a serious note, if you want to enjoy a fresh/cool orange then put it in the fridge. If temperature doesn't matter to you ,then you're a global warming denier and you can eat it lukewarm... like a bad person would... (JK)

• 2 months ago

Tropical or semitropical fruits should never be refrigerated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.