keep oranges left out or in fridfe?

are you supposed to keep oranges/tangerines out or can you keep them in the fridge? I've always put mine in the fridge because i like them cold. but i have seen alot of people leave them out. (not sure for decoration or what)

• Favorite Answer

Oranges are totally safe to store in or out of the fridge. No concerns. They should last longer in the fridge, and (aside from watermelon), there’s nothing more refreshing than a cold tangerine!

I always leave mine in the fridge as I find leaving fruit out can attract fruit flies. 

i think, fridfe

you can leave them out but they do taste nicer cold

• denise

I just keep them out in the fruit bowl??.

• kswck2

Refrigerate them. Take out on hour before consuming is fine. 

• John

Fresh squeezed is the best but or you can do it yourself, to make a primo Screwdriver. I put my oranges in the fridge to chill  I prefer Valencia Oranges which are tart and have seeds.

oh my word... is this another cheap shot at president of the US! how dare you! (in greta thurnburg voice). also the first fridge is spelled wrong.. yeah, i went there... on a serious note, if you want to enjoy a fresh/cool orange then put it in the fridge. If temperature doesn't matter to you ,then you're a global warming denier and you can eat it lukewarm... like a bad person would... (JK)

Tropical or semitropical fruits should never be refrigerated.