Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

Should credit card companies be allowed to solicit college students under age 21 to become credit card customers?

whats your opinion?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure

Beats the old way where they just sent new HS graduates  a card

Trouble was in a couple of cases the grass were only 14 or 15 years old, they got a card ran up debt and never paid it

• 2 months ago

If it's legal for companies to solicit toddlers into pressuring their parents into becoming customers of toys and breakfast cereals, I don't see why it shouldn't be legal for credit card issuers to solicit college students who are legal adults.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In MS the legal age is 21. They can solicit but they cannot open an account until they are 21. AL is 19.

It can be good or bad depending on how & why the person uses credit.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why yes, yes they should. Reminds of the McDonald's argument. It's McDonald's fault that the kids scream, yell, and get fat off of eating their food some say. But I disagree, it's the parents fault for giving in to the screaming kid instead of saying no, being a parent, being responsible for what their child is putting in their bodies. Same with young adults and credit cards, be responsible and you'll be fine, and you'll have it in case of emergency. An emergency is not munchies at midnight. I say young adults becouse that is what your question is directed at, but all adults, all over the place, have the same issue with spending too much on those things. This is nothing new, the answer to the issue is the same, personal responsibility. Is it a need or a want, the two are so often confused today.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.  At age 18 it is time to learn about credit.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, it's a free country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.