Can someone with mental disability severe one get approved of a USA visa?

Hi so my sister in law has severe cerebral Palsy. She’s practically a vegetable. Sadly. She’s from west Africa.she Screams claps her hands and dosent speak. 

 We are thinking of in the future to try to apply for her to get a

Visa. Does America allow persons with that disability to live here ? 

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    if your planning to dump her in the usa, to be treated for her disability for life, dont expect anything from the us.

  • 6 months ago

    No, the US does not approve VISAs for people such as your sister. Even if your family was extremely wealthy i would be impossible. Sorry, many countries are unfair in the same way.

  • 6 months ago

    A big question would be who would sponsor her, be responsible for her needs, health care etc.

    To bring her to the USA and expect to have the tax paying public to support her needs would not be the honest thing to do.

  • 6 months ago

    CP is not a mental  disability.  CP is a physical disability.  Some people with CP have intellectual impairment also.

    Some people with CP may appear to be intellectually disabled simply because they cannot communicate how intelligent they are.

    It would be very hard to get approved.  I would assume the family has to prove they  can financially provide all the care for her.

    if she is a minor (under 21) they would need $100,000 year for her education/therapy services.  as an adult, likely would need at least $100,000/year through life expectancy for daily financing  for any hospital care..and its still a long shot...and then only if the parent/guardian would otherwise be wanted in the US...such as having a work skill the US needs...something highly technical where US citizens can't fill the  jobs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.