Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Can you recover at home without treatment if you have coronavirus?

Hundreds of thousands have as it is not as bad for everyone as some think. NOT ALL how get it is so bad they have to be hospitalized..

The general info I have heard, 70% of people between the ages of 15-35 who have no lung or heart problems, have little or no symptoms at all. 20% will have flu like symptoms 10% will have a bad flu.   5-14 and 36-50 50% have a minor cold, 35% have a harder and  longer flu symptoms.  15% need to be in a hospital. And 2-3% will die.  People under 5 yrs old and over 50, with no health problems, About 1/3 will need to be in a hospital 5% will die. If you have other health problems Still 1/3 will need to go to hospital, But about 10-15% will die.  

• Marc

This virus has a 99.7% recovery rate.  Yes. I know about a dozen people who got it and their docs told them stay home 2 weeks and treat symptoms with otc meds.  ALL OF THEM RECOVERED

• kelvin

depends on what strain you have of it as there is more than one

Many people are--but you may or may not. That's the problem with this illness--it's not predictable. 

YES or you could just get complications and die.

Most victims have only mild symptoms and recover quickly at home.

All depends on the severity. My Dad and I stayed home when we had it. We were fine and enjoyed the 300 +emails and texts from worried friends and family. Never realized how loved I was. 

It depends on how severe your case is.  About 20% of coronavirus infections are serious enough to require hospitalization.  That means that about 80% of infected people will recover fine at home.  There's a really wide range of severity for the disease with some people being totally asymptomatic, some people having relatively mild coughing and fevers, and some people, even those who can recover at home, being really wiped out by it.  There are people who have had it and not been hospitalized who say it's one of the worst things they've gone through.

• I know some one that's had covid twice and recovered from it on her own both times. She's still living. 

There are treatments for covid but I've heard supplies of it is very limited.