What do I do ? ?

My husband and I just moved in to this apartment, I just had a baby and he’s about 3 months. We noticed we have a roach problem we didn’t notice how bad it was until a few nights ago , 3 am our carbon monoxide alarms went off and instantly we felt dizzy we grabbed my son and ran out & called the ambulance. We were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and we were on oxygen for 5 hours, our apartment has no gas so we’re confused where it came from , whenever we go inside we feel dizzy so were not staying there. We talked to the office and they called us liars and said it never happened, we tried to investigate inside what happened ourselves and found that our primo ( water dispenser) was letting  chemicals and when we went a little deeper we saw that wires were destroyed and million of baby roaches living inside. I don’t wanna live here no more our lease is up 4 months but is there anyway we can get the law involved because it caused us harm especially to my 3 month old son ? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

    You have hospital records confirming that you are living in an  unsafe residence.  Move out.  Let the landlord sue. Counter sue. Ask the judge for your deposit to be returned. You will win, no doubt.

  • 6 months ago

    That's a civil matter, not a legal one.  You will probably need an attorney but ub the meantime your city government may have a department to help you.

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    See a lawyer.  Sounds like a breach of contract.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.