Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 months ago

Recommend me a survival Weapon for Covid19 Armageddon?

I mean when all the gun shops are close, we can still operate the weapon without much needed ammo nor maintenance (jamming)...... I prefer something around $300 USD.

how about .22 Cal Break barrel airgun

• C_F_45

How about a .22 caliber break barrel air rifle?

Good for taking small game quietly. 

Diana(RWS) 350 Magnum

They generally cost around $349, but, find one on sale, or a nice used one for less. 

Survival weapon?

Survival Guns - by Mel Tappan

A great book on the subject. 

Rem 870 20 ga magnum ,small short and can change chokes for different Ammo and has scope option. U won’t regret it or the H&R Pardner  pump 

I have always felt that if TSHTF then a good old muzzle loading black powder flint lock rifle is what to have.   First,   cartridges will become scarce and if you can not reload them they are literally a one shot deal.  Even if you can reload the case does not last forever.    Where you going to get primers,  powder,  etc?     A muzzle loader can fire anything,  even rocks if you wrap them in paper.    You can make black powder out of charcoal from your fire,  stump rot (potassium nitrate)   and sulfur (from matches.)    You can find flint if you did not lay in a supply.   The gun is simple enough even a teenager can figure out how to fix it.    I will be shooting long after all those saying to get a AR or shotgun are out of ammo.  

Forget firearms - a good quality, homemade nail bat always works for me.

They never need reloading, maintenance, or unjamming (unless you count prying the bat away from someone's head).

I have a .357 loaded with hollow points

• BBean

BEAN Fact; Words like Armageddon and Apocalypse are much larger than you think....be careful how you use them...pray that neither happens.

You need a giant hookah to suck all the atmosphere around your mortal body through alcohol and the COVID-19 germs will be inert. I do not think you nor anyone else in your realm of associates can build the mentioned device because your minds do not have the potential.

My take...what`s your?

• Robin

Why what are you going to shoot at. Some old people with the flu???

All firearms need ammo. If you don’t wanna worry about ammunition then get a Muzzleloader And invest in the tools to cast your own lead balls.

Jaguar takedown recurve should fit your needs. Because with no budget, limited access to ammo, less time practice or train your time is better spent learning archery. 

There are some used 12ga's you could look into but again neither they nor you would be of any kind of use in combat.

maybe its good theyre closed, i hate guns