Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

WTF is wrong with me?

I am seeing a therapist about this tomorrow, but in the meantime, here it is. 

I basically hate myself. I feel I have virtually nothing going for me. I am ugly, not likable, not funny, and most of all, I feel I am a complete dead weight to those I care about. While I do not have a plan to hurt myself, I sometimes feel it'd be such a weight off everyone's shoulders if I were not around. I legitimately feel my family would be happier in the long-term if I were gone. 

I have one friend with whom I feel comfortable enough to talk to about this, and she says everything I believe about myself is a complete contrast to reality. She just says it is hard to listen to me talk about myself that way. 

What, if anything, is wrong with me? 

You have a low opinion of yourself, probably because of how your parents raised you.  And going to a therapist is going to make your emotional problems a profitmaking venture for the therapist. 

I sent my friend to a governmental agency seeking help for a similar situation and they paid for him to see a therapist.  After months of visits, he was confused and actually worse. 

So I went with him to a session and asked the therapist what was wrong with him.  She said she didn't know.  I asked how she was helping him to get better and she said she wasn't.  I asked her what she was doing with him.  She said that she wrote down his complaints and prescribed drugs to make his brain unable to torture him.  But the drugs had plenty of other bad effects.  So other than filling her own schedule with patients to interview and make money, there was no actual therapy.  There was no actual healing or treatment for his disorder.  So be careful.

The brain is a difficult thing to live with, and the truth is that it isn’t always as in touch with reality and under our control as we would like to believe... its frighteningly easy to beat yourself up and overtime grow to believe these things, and it isn’t abnormal or a weakness to feel crushed and hopeless. People who brush off self-hatred as “attention seeking” or other things are very ignorant and shallow human beings. It’s painful living with a perception of yourself that’s so judgmental, but with the right resources and time I promise you will start to understand why your friends and family love you the way they do. :-) Best of luck in therapy, it’s a great step in the right direction and I really hope it does you some good

• LAN

You are a moronic pity seeking loser.  That's why you constantly post suicide threats and variations of this same rant over and over Suicide Sophie.

• ?

You sound like you are that overweight kid we used to beat up in 5th grade.

You need a task. Get a job in nature like a forest.

You need to ask Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior. He loves you and can heal your mind and spirit.  Look up 2 Corinthians 5:17 and Philippians 4:6-8.  In fact, read the entire New Testament.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  Lots of answers about life in the Bible. Pray about everything that concerns   you.  I will pray for you too.  May God bless you.