kim asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

I have a credit card that’s on my credit report, but i am not the account holder can the credit bureau verify this information.  ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • DON W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The most common reason for that is that the card belongs to someone with a similar name, and the database grouped it with yours.  But, it's also possible that someone took out a credit card using your name--and that can be a serious problem for you.

With that said, you want to tell the credit bureau that the card does not belong to you.  At the end of the credit report, there will likely be a section titled something like "If You See Any Errors", instructing you how to tell them of the problem.  They will research the problem you report, and if the card doesn't belong to you (as you suggest), they will remove it.  If it's a matter of identity theft, they will tell you what your next steps should be.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Call the credit reporting agency and have this card removed from your account  It is not yours and that is going to cause you some serious trouble very soon.

VERY SOON.

• 2 months ago

They could if they wanted to but they don't care to verify anything.  If they did, half of their lies would be exposed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Its called a stolen credit card.

Wait, you mean authorized user?  Is your name on it?  It can take a few months to show up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.