What is the best food for type 2 Diabetes?
- robert43041Lv 75 months ago
Fruits and veggies. Also avoid (as much as possible) fast foods. Try to cut down on all sugars.
- 5 months ago
Diabetes is a conspiracy theory from the government, so eat whatever you want. I would personally suggest chugging 1 litre of maple syrup every day.Source(s): Wakandan Institute of made you look
- gangadharan nairLv 76 months ago
Weight reduction with diet
* Avoid single high concentrated meals.
* Small frequent meals.
* Food high in fibre content like vegetables, whole pulses, fruits, etc.
Ideal combination of diabetic diet should be:--
Proteins: 15-20% (0.8g /kg /body wt).
Fibres 40 g/day.
Do not eat at all:--
Sugar, jam, syrups, honey, sweets, chocolates, fruit juices, ice creams, cold drinks, glucose drinks, cakes and pastries, sweet biscuits, puddings and protein powder with sugar.
Eat in moderation:--
Bread, chapatis, oat porridge, cornflakes (No sugar), Cheese, butter, Noodles or spaghetti, macroni, Thick soups, Milk & milk products, Chicken, lean meat, fish.
* Salads (cucumber, tomato, onion, raddish, salad leaves).
* Vegetables (cabbage, baigan, lady fingers, french beans, methi, palak).
* Fruits (except banana, chockoo or mangoes).
* Sprouted beans and pulses.
* Marie biscuit (with less sugar).
* Clear soups, Lemon juice, Buttermilk
- ?Lv 76 months ago
Whole foods, verses highly processed and refined prepackaged foods.
Whole fruit vs fruit juice
Wheat breads vs plain white bread
Steal cut oats vs boxed sugared
cereals or instant oatmeal.
And if you must eat refined highly processed foods, limit them as much as possible.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- SumDudeLv 76 months ago
mayonaise (although east of the Mississippi it is called Hellman's)
- micksmixxxLv 76 months ago
Foods that have a low carbohydrate count, my friend.
- Mark IXLv 76 months ago
You want to avoid foods that are high in sugar or carbs.