Is it okay to call back after an interview? (Bank teller) ?

I had a bank teller interview on Tuesday and it went really well, they seemed pretty interested and no problems. He told me that   I will hear from them next week and that they’ll call me regardless if I get the job or not. But the “next week” went by and I didn’t get a phone call or an email. Today is Sunday and tomorrow is a new week and by Tuesday it’s gonna be 2 weeks since I had my interview. Do you think I should call them tomorrow ? I’m not sure if that’s okay because I’ve called them multiple times before my interview to show them my interested and they brought that up during the interview (in a good way). Should I call tomorrow ? Or maybe wait until after tomorrow where it Marks 2 weeks since the interview. How long does it usually take for them to call back ? They also didnt seem like they’re in a rush to find someone ASAP. Thank you !! 

Sometimes people get busy with other duties, ya know?  It never hurts to follow-up to inquire about the status of things.  Although that seems to be very old-fashioned and out of style at this point...

We (especially Millennials) seem to expect instant gratification in this era of text messages, emails, social media and other technology.  Employers will immediately exclude you for not getting back to them 0.04 seconds after they contacted you which isn't always realistic.  Not everyone has a phone glued to their ear.  Some of us prefer to disconnect and just take it easy for awhile.  Just like the old days.

"I’ve called them multiple times before my interview to show them my interested and they brought that up during the interview."

You annoyed them. 

They were professional enough to make it seem like a good thing ("You must really be excited about this job")

They decided that you are 'needy and annoying'.

You can go ahead and call but it will only underline their decision to not call you back and not hire you.

Apply at other places.  It takes about 100 applications to land an interview in the current economy.

I think you misinterpreted what they mean by "next week."  I think they meant that they would contact you one way or the other this coming week.  

You can feel free to check in, but I'd suggest you give them until at least Wednesday.  Either way, you should have been and still should continue to apply for other jobs.  Never give up the search for work until you have a job offer. 

• ?

of course u should call them. u have nothing to lose. if they didn't hire u u should ask what can u improve in your performance - thus u maybe get some pointers why they didn't hire u

"Do you think I should call them tomorrow ?"

No.   Why would you do that?     You might as well imply that they are too stupid to dial a phone or send an email.

Stop being a pest.  They know how to hire people. 

• Expat

You didn’t get the job. I’m sorry but that’s the news. 

Take the hint. Don't call.

They almost always say they'll call you either way, but in reality they only call the person who they've selected.  

I've gotten a lot of jobs over the years, but I've never, ever gotten a job because I did the phone call afterward - they just say, "The position has been filled." or, "We decided to go in a different direction." 

The best way to get any job is to look the interviewer straight in the eye, say, "This job is perfect for me. I will do a really great job for you and you won't be disappointed." and smile. 

I suggest waiting until Tuesday. Just tell them you didnt hear from them in the last week you were supposed to.