Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 months ago

Lilah or Lilac for a girl?

I love Lilac but not sure if it is too “out there” - thoughts? 

I also love Lilah (LYE-la) which has a similar sound but not so unusual.

She’d be:

Lilac Emma Stephens or

Lilah Emma Stephens 

Emma is after my mother so has specific meaning to me.

Thoughts?

Oh - my other choice is Marnie (completely different I know!)

• Kevin
    Favorite Answer

Lilah Is lovely plus Lilah Stephens flows better than Lilac Stephens

My late mother always said lilac was the colour of death hence why I don’t like the colour never mind using it as a name

Marnie Stephens is nice too but Lilah is my favourite 

Definitely NOT Lilac 

• sorcha

Lilah. I feel Lilac is very gimmicky or hippyish if that makes sense. Lilah is very pretty 

i think both are fine personally. i don’t see how Lilac is too out there. Lilac is gorgeous and you could even use Lilac as the name and Lilah as a nn 

I'm not a huge fan of flower names. Names like Lilac, Petunia, and Pansy probably don't translate well when your daughter is trying to get respect as a professional. Just personal preference. I'm also not a fan an any name that you have to tell people how to pronounce or spell. 

I agree with others that Lilah Stephens has a nice flow.  

• Cammie

How about Iris or Violet ?

Lilah is a lovely name and Lilah Stephens sounds really nice. Lilac is too out there. Marnie is okay, but Lilah is better.

Lyla. I don't think anyone will appreciate being called Lilac when they're a teenager or grown woman 

• Snid

I am not a fan of usng the word lilac as a name for a baby.  It may not get pronounced the way you like as some people say ly-lock and others say ly-lack.  It's way too out there to me.

Lilah Emma Stephens is nice.  It lacks good flow, though.  I love the name Marnie.  It's different where Lilah'Lilah is more common.  Marnie Emma Stephens is awesome.

Of the three I would prefer Lilah. It is a beautiful name and will carry into adulthood. I really cannot picture speaking to a grown woman named Marnie, and Lilac is a bit out there, like you said.