What can I do with an old laptop I have no need for?

I got this old windows 7 laptop just sitting around attracting dust as I no longer use because it's just not powerful enough to play any modern video games. What can I do with it other then throwing it in the trash?

Donate it to a thrift store that helps the homeless, needy

You can practice type writing 

24/7 servers

for example, you may want to run a minecraft server on your desktop, but you want a true 24/7 or to conserve your resources

i use my WinXP e-machine, and i want to add a 4th server to it, but it's already chugging hard from the first three

i would replace the winxp with a win7 laptop anytime

Just keep it.  Dust it off, store it in a pillow case in a dresser drawer.. some day you’ll find use for it,,   

you could give to someone you know that wants a window 7 laptop.Simple.

My girl has just been given one of these,they don't do paint on windows anymore so if it has it it'll be worth something(if you consider selling it),my girl uses paint,edits videos and plays music.does her homework on it ect.you could wipe all data off then donate to a child who needs one.x

Source(s): My girl.x

I use mine as a internet radio with Itunes. 

Donate it to a local charity. (not Goodwill or the Salvation Army)

Your local charity will see it gets a good home the Goodwill and SA will throw it into the recycle bin somewhere miles away from your local area. 

There are a lot of college students looking for a good laptop to do work on besides gaming.  what i would do: check about upgrading to Windows 10, wipe the drive completely (to protect yourself) Install Win 10, and then advertise it for sale locally for $50-$99.  Money in your pocket is always better than putting something in the landfill.  

Note to Ben: Win10 does have MS Paint. 

• Rick

donate it to Goodwill ???