lucy asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

How can I package cookies/treats so they don’t go mouldy? ?

I make handmade dog treats and they’re made using basic human grade ingredients (flour, oil, peanut butter) and topped with a sugar free yogurt icing made specifically for dogs which I buy from a supplier. 

The treats have a shelf life of about six weeks. However, I asked the supplier of the icing about how to store it once made and they said it shouldn’t be kept airtight. This means wrapping the treats in plastic or sealing them in something is a no go. 

How could I package them so it’s not “airtight” but also looks cute? 

• denise

Maybe you could go to a catering supply store? they may have the 1/2 cellophane + paper bags, or the boxes with windows, or even the cone shaped fancy cellophane bags that you could tie with a fancy string label to look like a 'doggy tag'?.

You could try an online supplier, Google it or try Amazon?

I suggest shrink wrapping them. They sell shrink wrap bags on ebay, and you'll need to buy a heat sealer and use a blow dryer.

• kswck2

Sealed tupperware. 

• Look for micro-perforated plastic bags that are used for baked goods. 

Or small paper bags with a plastic window. 

If you wrapped in a “crunchier” cellophane and loosely tied a bow that might work.