Was there something homoerotic going on with Roehm vs. Hitler, and then Hitler + Speer?

I reckon he kept Eva around just so that people like Marty Bormann would not think he was queer. 

Yeah, but latent homosexuals tend to hate the openly queer. Just look at Larry Craig. I think there was a lot of self-loathing in Hitler, so if he felt he was homosexual, that would explain his homophobia.

Yes Marli, I was reading Speer between the lines on this. 

Roehm was not in jail with Hitler.

• Marli
    Favorite Answer

You are entitled to your theory if you can provide facts.

Roehm was openly homosexual. Was he so with Hitler?

Speer was heterosexual, though from his book "Inside the Third Reich", I had the impression that Speer was jealous of any man that caught Hitler's attention and regard.  He seem afraid of another man growing closer to Hitler than he was: Hess, Bormann, Gobbels, Hofneghel, Roehm. And they seemed to be afraid of his influence on Hitler. All of them did seem to have a crush on Adolf, but I thought it was his power that they wanted to be the closest to.  Like Roehm, if Hitler no longer liked or wanted a man, that man could die.

It would be interesting to study. Was Hitler a latent bisexual? Were his closest men?  Was he their semi- or unconscious "crush"? Were they his semi- or unconscious "crushes"?

Eva Braun was jealous of the women of Hitler's entourage.  Not the secretaries and the cook, perhaps she saw them as just servants, but Magda Goebbels, Gelli Robal and the aviatrix. They were jealous of her too. But I don't think she was jealous of the men.  She didn't show it.  She was very friendly with Speer. So was Magda.  If Eva thought Hitler was in love with Speer, she would have hated him and shown she did.

Forcing a hypothesis onto a framework of supposition indicates weak or wooly thinking.

• Ludwig

No, though Röhm and Hitler were close associates, and there is a theory that Röhm wrote a large chunk of 'Mein Kampf'  ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶j̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶ There was extensive homosexuality not only in the brownshirts, but also in the first Nazi women's organisation.  That was disbanded when it became known that members of the SA were attending it in drag. --** my error:  Rohm and Hitler were not in jail together, Rohm got off with probation for his part  in the Munich revolt.

No, if that was true Hitler wouldn't have had Röhm murdered, and he wouldn't have had Eva Braun with him the last 2 years or married her.