Any chance it will be safe to go out normally by 2022? I want to volunteer and go out and about...?

LOL John I wish you really could pin point a date!

Favorite Answer

It will be different for everyone. Do you have pulmonary or kidney disease - maybe not even in 2022.  Are you young, healthy, and you and your friends wear masks and social distance - hopefully late 2021. Are you older than 60, healthy, and you live in the community  maybe early 2022. lots of factors and none of them definite. 

Depends on what you mean to go out.  I feel very safe going outside and walking my dog around my neighborhood. I can go for a 30-40 minute walk/jog and not encounter another person the entire time. I don't wear a mask when I do this.

At work, if I'm in my office by myself with the door shut, I'm not wearing a mask. But if I go to another room or interact with another person or someone comes in my office, the mask goes on.

If I'm shopping or getting groceries, I'm absolutely wearing a mask.  Basically if it's indoors and there's other people around, I'm wearing a mask. Outdoors with no other people nearby, then I'll forego the mask.

As for when things will get back to "normal"; assuming an effective vaccine is produced, it will be sometime in Q2 2021 at the earliest. I base this on a vaccine being developed by late 2020, then being put into mass production and distributed (which would take a few months). If an effective vaccine takes longer, then that would push the timetable into mid-late 2021. Given the resources being thrown at this problem, I would say that if a vaccine isn't developed by mid-late 2021, then there isn't going to be one. 

if you get the vaccine....should be available within 6 months..NO IT IS NOT SAFE TO GO OUT NOW UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.  it is minimally safe to go out for necessities, work, medical, and limited recreation in non crowded areas...as long as people wear masks...many people don't wear masks, or don't cover their mouth and nose..  young healthy people are dying...yes it will change....we won't need to wear a mask and social distance for decades..only until we have herd immunity through antibodies/vaccines.. this virus is NOVEL..new, has not been around long....the category of corona virus has been...but this one is particularly an issue.  covid19 is not a mutated version of an older virus

• ?

it is safe to go out NOW.

as long as you are young, healthy, and not recovering from any injuries or diseases.and as long as you stay 6 feet from other people and wear a mask.

none of this will EVER change. even if they develop a vaccine, the Coronavirus has been around for CENTURIES, and will mutate again, as it always has each year, and we will be faced with it for the rest of existence.

cheers!

• John

It will be safe by March 3rd 2021