Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

Do you think I’ll be okay?

I was at the post office earlier and so was using their tape to tape down my package. As I was taping it down, the sharp metal blade cut into my finger. My finger was bleeding a little bit and I out hand sanitizer on it immediately after getting in my car. I’m honestly now worried if bacteria went into my blood stream/ caught an STD possibly or even caught coronavirus. I’m extremely terrified. Do you think I’ll be okay?

If the surface had covid on it then that would be how you'd contract it. i think you'll be fine. also, next time do not put hand sanitizer on your cuts. that doesn't help. rinse it with water.

your fear comes from a lack on knowledge..  you could have rinsed with water and been fine.

You won’t get covid from a cut. You get covid by breathing in other people’s breath or touching your nose, mouth, eyes after touching an infected surface. 

You might get a bacterial infection.