My mouse does not click and hold it's click as it should. I cannot drag anything around. How can I fix this?

I have gotten a new keyboard and mouse and still face the same issue. I have done a full reset on my pc. I have disabled all startup apps and rebooted. I have started in safe mode and still have the same issues. I am all out of ideas. Help.

mouse driver is needed. Or stop using a real mouse. They only squeak. Mine are still from Win 98

Maybe a driver issue on the PC, have you recently updated software?

What model of mouse is it? Does the manufacturers site have software for firmware/driver updates?  BAsic mice this isn;t probably needed as they trend to be generic but more advanced ones like gaming mice might need software.

• Lv 7

try a different USB port. if none work, then your ports are probably shorted. time for a new computer.

just buy a new mouse, they are cheap

change the driver software being used.  older versions sometimes work better -- or even the generic driver instead of the custom one supplied with your keyboard/mouse