What’s considered middle aged for a person?

I always thought a person was middle aged when they are over 30-35. Then it ends once they are over 55. What’s person considered when they are 55-70? Definitely not elderly, I think?!

21 Answers

Relevance
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I'm 60. Am I Middle Age? Yes. Am I old? Never. 

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It has always been known that the ages between 40-60 are consider middle age.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'd say about 45 and that we remain in that group until about 55 when we see that big 60 lurking up. That's when we begin to feel OLDer but not yet actually OLD.  Because we all live far longer than our grandparents lived I see 70 - 75 as 'becoming' OLD but with many 'miles' left in many of us. Very many people now live to be in their 90s.  My mother, and several other relatives of that generation, all lived until their mid-90s. All these numbers are moving forward as science brings about treatments and cures for so many more health issues these days.

• 6 months ago

Middle age is I think from 35 to 55. 55 to 70 is elderly, thereafter they are seniors.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I say 40 to 60, but I am ok with 35 to 65.

• 6 months ago

Middle age starts around age 40-45 and ends at 60. Basically, the 40s-60s is in the middle range of 100 (the current estimated lifetime for humans) so therefore those ages are middle-aged.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It seems like as people age it gets older.  Generally it's considered 40 to 60.

• ted
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Somebody who is in their 40's is middle aged

• Isabel
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

It’s any age where doubling it is a reasonable age to die of old age.  35-50.  70 isn’t middle age, because 140 is not a reasonable age to die.  30 isn’t because 60 is not a reasonable age to die.

• 6 months ago

Over 50 would be reasonable. Old is ten years older than you are now so if you are 70 you are well into middle age with old being 80. When you are 80, of course, old is 90.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.