Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

How to entertain kids this winter without electronics?

Im moving to a high crime area because its the only affordable apartment.

Electronics wont be able to be kept at the apartment or they will end up stolen by crackheads.   They will have to be sold or go into storage in another town.

I wont even be able to keep a TV.

Do kids even play board games anymore?

They like video games...   Which they will no longer be able to have

I dont want a cheap tv either..  Cause if crackheads see a tv screen lit up at all they will break in thinkings theres something worth stealing.

Landlord only gets a vague and generic letter from my dr..  THATS IT.  Just says dr has been seeing me and treating me and it is his professional opinion and reccomendation that a dog would be therepeutic for me.

There is NO second floor apartments at this complex.  They are ALL ground floor units..  There is NO "wait till a second floor opens up".

I feel unsafe in that town in general..  But theres absolutly NO other options.

Kids arent going to keep curtains closed 100% of the time.

One cant be up their kids butts 24/7..  I gotta have time to do things like use the bathroom, shower and cook dinner.

There will be NO tv.  

Assistance animal isnt a service animal.  There is no special training required...  And that is written under fair housing laws!!!   No the landlord does NOT get to know details, as that would violate hippa laws.

There are no other affordable apartments..  This one is it.  So theres no "waiting for one at another complex"

The school will have to open completely too cause they arent doing no online school garbage.

No you cant see the livong room curtain from the kitchen.   No, I actually cant hear the TV, but that one isnt any of your buisiness.

No thr landlord does NOT get to know medical details.   If I have a note from a Dr, that is all he needs..  I can SUE if he doesnt allow it, because that is DISCRIMINATION

Face it, you and your kids are totally screwed.

But the sounds of your utterly depressing life circumstances, I would say it again...you are totally screwed.

Why not find a place, away from the projects and do a rental share with another mother? Sharing rent will afford you and your children a better quality of life. Mom's do it all of the time.

You are not doomed to live in the projects with crackheads unless you have convinced yourself that is all you and your kids deserve.

The Internet was not around when my siblings and I were growing up. Nor was it around until my own children were in high school. We all had plenty to do. We played cards, board games  we read books and magazines. We had a set of encyclopedias and even read the dictionary. We played in parks and explored the woods, went on hikes, went swimming and learned to ice skate  build a snowman and sled. We helped keep the house clean with assigned chores and daily respect for our home life. Mom taught  us how to cook and clean laundry.oh, and there is the good old library for all sorts of knowledge, activities, and internet. 

Like millions and millions of people before you, they all got by without even electricity, nevermind TV and computers. 

If you don't train your children like soldiers, you're doomed.

You'll just argue with this anyway, but hey, I'll enter:

Monopoly. Monopoly games can last hours. Clue. Scrabble. For littler ones, Sorry. 

Paint by numbers. Play-doh. Books from the library. 

Can they have a gecko to catch and eat the cockroaches? Might provide some entertainment.

On a side note, without a computer, how will you troll Y! answers?

Yes, kids play board games - just find good ones (ie not Monopoly).

There's also books; find a local library. 

• R P

Well, Momma Troll, you'll figure it out. Maybe you could do the unthinkable and actually spend time with your littles.

• Judy

books ..................................................

• Kini

They will have to keep entertained with whatever is available.

• G R

if you are indeed moving to an area that is so bad, the last thing you need to be worried about is entertaining your kids.

They can read books . But can you afford to pay your electric bill ? 

You'll figure it out Momma Troll you know your kids better then the Yahoo community does.

Source(s): Your question history