Rank these 2000s NBA Power Forwards from best to worst in their primes?

Here's my rank:

1. Tim Duncan

2. Kevin Garnett

3. Dirk Nowitzki

4. Pau Gasol

5. Chris Webber

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Kevin Garnett

2. Tim Duncan

3. Dirk Nowitzki

4. Chris Webber

5. Pau Gasol

I know most people will say that Duncan is better than KG due to his fundamentals and having a better career, but KG was a better player than TD. He was more athletic, a better dunker, better shot blocker, better defender, better rebounder, and better passer. If KG and TD switched teams, KG would have the same success as Duncan did. I'm surprised you have Pau over C-Webb. Webber was a better player. He was a better rebounder, passer, better scorer, and a better leader on the Kings than Gasol was as the #1 guy on the Grizzlies before playing with Kobe. Pau was a great #2 option for Kobe.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No love for Karl Malone?

• 2 months ago

1 Duncan

2 Nowitzki

3 Garnett

4 Webber

5 Gasol

I'd have Nowitzki at #2 in a close one because he was better offensively for significantly longer than Garnett was.  Dirk averaged 20+ppg at 35 years old.  Garnett didn't average 20+ppg after age 30.  KG gets a lot of "tough guy" cred but really how tough was he before he had Pierce and Allen hitting clutch shots all over the place in Boston?

I'd also have Webber over Gasol.  Webber was a considerably better player at his best than Gasol was.  Yes Webber had injury problems after his knee went boom and yes Pau won titles, but had Webber had Kobe as a teammate I have no doubt Webber would have won some rings too.

Source(s): Just my opinion. Other opinions may vary and that's perfectly fine.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

1. Duncan

2. Dirk

3. KG4. Webber

5. Gasol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.