Why do feminists feel so entitled to female privileges... ?
- ChemFlunkyLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
1. It's always easier to notice the disadvantages you have, or the advantages someone else has, than the reverse. This is true both for feminists, *and* for men decrying feminists.
2. At least some "female privilege" is basically a matter of (often clumsy, and sometimes overreaching) attempts to balance out some *disadvantage* women will otherwise face because of discrimination (eg women-only small business loans, because of discrimination in lending against female business owners)
3. At least some "female privilege" is perfectly legitimate, because there are real physical differences between men and women. Any pregnant woman, due to the fact that she is literally *risking her life* to make another human, deserves certain considerations (eg seats on crowded public transit, being saved first in a "lifeboat" situation). Women have more right to determine the fate of a fetus than men do, because the fetus is *in their bodies*. A woman hitting a man as hard as she can will most likely do a lot less damage than the reverse, and in *any* case (regardless of the genders involved) where someone weaker hits someone stronger, "self defense" far out of proportion to the original assault should not really be considered self defense (eg you don't kill someone for stepping on your toe), so men are more likely to bear the brunt of that kind of judgement, and so on.
4. There are bad feminists out there. I'm not going to play the True Feminist game, but I can certainly say that some people are *bad* feminists, and some of the bad feminists think that it is right and proper for women to be *advantaged*, rather than just not disadvantaged, either because they think women are inherently more deserving or something, or because they think it's their "turn" to be on top.
And probably other factors.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Which privileges of a woman ?
I honestly cannot imagine .
I was raped having amnesy by a mason part greek spy and persecuted to clean and cloned and i was let without money while actualy i wasraped for political position of an uncle and some jobs of the family during the dictatorship and unknown at the king .
As the people was let without land i consider that the jobs from king were better..and they were not quern of uk with their hens and pig to take care of the socialist gipsies of the towns while even nowaday they think that they sell flowers ...while they already jailed and opetated and declared theit clones babies by becoming the saint sinod
- koog johnLv 52 months ago
yor not kidding ...and they keep those handcuffs and leg chains right in their closets!
umm...say anyone close to 112 ave in nyc city got a hacksaw...anyone?
- 2 months ago
Women need advantages to create a level playing field because of the patriarchy.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 2 months ago
EQUAL privileges, dumbass
- Green PuffinLv 72 months ago
Mainly due to years of female oppression, whether that be from Government or Business or our own families. Most people want equal rights, however that's virtually impossible to give, when one gender becomes pregnant and may wish to have career breaks. Once you leave your job/career for any longer than 6 weeks, your seen as 'drift wood' or unneeded, you won't be seen as 'promotion' material/potential. For those women that want to return to work, after taking a break to care for children, often are asked to leave.
Basically women who do choose to have children and may want to return to the workforce to help pay the bills etc, need as much help as they can get, even if it's a detriment to men. Please remember that Parents are bringing up the next generation of workers, our children will pay for our Pensions, Health Service, be Front Line Workers, Military etc....
- .Jerry.Lv 72 months ago
"Why do feminists feel so entitled to female privileges... ?"
Apparently, equal Rights are not good enough for today's feminists. The reason for this is that women find the equal treatment they receive under equality to be unfair at times. The more natural inclination for women is that they are treated as special and not at all the way men treat each other. Women and men have their own separate issues too that are now all ignored under equal treatment. This "fairness model" had been the way of our entire human history until only recently under the feminist order in the West.
So feminist, who are responsible for changing society away from fairness for women into equal treatment for women are afraid of the wrath of women if they ever realize how this occurred for them. Thus the feminist movement continues to advocate for BOTH equal Rights AND privileges that return the fairness for women (unfair for men) doctrine.
Sorry now .... you can't have it both ways. That is both inequality, and unfair for men. Is it any wonder so many men, and increasingly women are against today's feminism? .
- Anonymous2 months ago
Maniac: a person exhibiting extreme symptoms of wild beggar-like behavior, especially when violent and dangerous.
- JesereLv 72 months ago
What privileges do women have?