Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 7 months ago

Why men get so defensive when a woman ask about his past?

do you want to express yourself more?

• Foofa

Anyone who gets "defensive" at question about their past is probably hiding something you'd prefer not to know about it. 

People get defensive when they have something to hide. There is nothing wrong with a guy preferring to keep his past private, but actively becoming defensive is majorly suspicious.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have ever worked for an intelligence agency. Let's change the subject. How are your sister and brother-in-law doing?

If his past life does not have any happy memory or in the past he had did a lot sin & wrong things, he would not talk anything about his past.

• Bill

It really depends on who you are to me and what you want to know about if I'm open to talking to you about it or not. People that I don't know asking questions about my past will likely get nothing from me. 

• martin

An honest, good man will be happy to discuss his past, showing that he is at peace with his own past history, although no life is perfect.

Unless you are my GF, my past is none of your business.

I don't like it when people, who I'm not close to, start snooping around my personal life.