Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 4 months ago

Is there life on other planets besides Earth?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

maybe  in a word,we are still working out tech devices that may answer that,, suns with similar properties as our sun may have planets in the comfy zone,, the final answer  follows our sending craft to explore out there

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You can try to use the Drake Equation Calculator to find out.

When I did it, I found out that intelligent life with technology is rare (between 0-20 in our entire universe).

But I also calculated that non-intelligent life (microbes and non-intelligent animals) is common (millions in our galaxy right now).

• Athena
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

We do not know of any life anywhere else besides earth.  

In the galaxy there may be a lot of places that have moss and alga on it but nothing more advanced.  

• Paula
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Probably there is life on a planet of some other star somewhere in the galaxy.

But an ongoing search as not yet found any "earth-like" planet anywhere.

The search has almost ruled out finding one closer than about 100 light years from us.

That distance would currently take more than 10,000 years for our fastest space ship.

So we are not likely to be able to answer the question for thousands of years.

Currently, our best (our only) hope is that some alien space craft will visit earth and thus answer the question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Probably.  It depends on where the Great Filter is and if there is one.  If there is a major stumbling block to the very appearance of life, then there won't be many, but if life is a probable consequence of the right conditions, and if those conditions are widespread, it will also be present elsewhere.

• 4 months ago

If you had any intelligence you would know that this questions has been asked literally 100s of times in this category.

Do you not have the intelligence to read some of those posts.

No one knows if there is life on other planets etc. 

However, when we consider the billions of Stars in the Universe and the trillions of planets and moons orbiting those suns it must be a mathematical certainty that there is life elsewhere in the universe and quite possibly 1000s if not millions of planets or moons supporting life of one kind or another.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Let me unpack this for you, if yes, there is life on other planets the line of questions becomes.......... what level of life- simple - complex - old - new - intelligent, we would need to then ask these questions to better understand ourselves........................... If the answer is NO, if there is no other life other than on earth, then the line of questions is............. why -how - If the why and how is determined to be do to location we then must assume other life has come and gone before us billions of years ago..................... ether way you answer yes or no... to life on OTHER planets we still must conclude that life in our solar system has come and gone on more that one occasion billions of years ago

• 4 months ago

None has ever been detected, despite centuries of optical observation, and despite decades of radio searches on literally tens of billions of radio channels. It is reasonable to assume that none ever will be found.

However it is currently very fashionable to believe in the existence of space boogers despite the total lack of evidence, (past present or future) that they exist. This is very curious psychology at work, and you might like to follow it up on a psychology forum.

To me, the most fascinating things about the corny hypothesis of "life up in outer space" is the reasons why life is unique to Earth (too many to enumerate here), and the reasons why people, including  those who should know better, insist on an ardent belief in it's existence. I encourage you to refer to the link below, and follow up the references. Note the extensive denialism. You will find it a far more satisfying and fascinating approach to the subject than the worn out and dated arguments propping up the followers of the ET creed.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Until we have search eavery inch of the entire Universe, we may never know.

• 4 months ago

We have no idea at this time.  Proof of life will be the discovery of life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.