How do virus come to your laptop?

I want to keep my laptop safe.So please help me know so i can make my laptop safe from virus.

Favorite Answer

Most of the times, it’s not the virus that infects you, it’s you who gets infected with the virus. Confused? Let me explain.

I’ve seen a lot of people who think that they must install an Antivirus because there are viruses, and they might get infected with them. And this is where they are wrong.

They think that a virus can just get into your PC out of nowhere, without you doing anything. Which might happen if you don’t have the latest security updates and you’re unlucky, but not under normal circumstances.

What really happens, is that you get fooled into installing the virus by yourself. Browser hijackers

are a good example of this.

They usually come bundled with other freeware programs. So, just when you think that you are installing something useful and legitimate, bam, you’re infected with a malware.

• Bill-M

Will Assume you using Windows 10 -

Windows 10 has a built in Anti Virus program.  Use it.

Also download and install Malwarebytes - Free edition -

A Virus is mostly spread through Email.  So be careful opening Emails.

Email Attachments and Links in Emails.

If you connect to somewhere in the world over Internet, open an email, run a program on a DVD or CD or USB flash drive, a virus or worm or trojan program might get in to your system.

Top security systems are "air gapped" from everything.  Only way in is by typing on the keyboard, or voice command.  Anything more complicated than that has to be thoroughly scanned for bad stuff.

Of course for normal operations of your system needs more access to the real world than that.  So you run an anti-virus program all the time.  It scans all stuff you might try to connect to or put into that laptop.

More security might be through a special router that has a firewall.  That prevents attacks from the Internet.  An even more special connection to the world could be through a VPN.  This is a subscription service that disguises your location in the Internet world.  Your data going out and coming in travels through many paths on servers that the VPN company manages.  The cost is only a few dollars a month.

I use one that has good protection for only $99 for three years coverage.

It can also depend on the websites you have been fooling around on...so be aware and dont be foolish, you can generally tell when a site is not going to be good. I use a free antivirus program with my MSI laptop and have not had an issue for several years....unless of course a virus infiltrated my laptop covertly 😐

Thank you for telling me.

• Scott

These days, viruses always come from online activity. The way to avoid then is to have a good antivirus program running on your PC. Or an even better way is to have an operating system that rarely gets infected. Apple operating system’s and Linux are examples.