Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

How'd you react if at a party or friend's house, somebody put cheap tequila in an expensive bottle that'd been properly cleaned / sanitized?

ps: The bottle it was transferred to is also tequila.

Don't care as I'll truly never drink such filth zxwbgjmpq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

After 6 or so I really wouldn't care.

• D50

Are you asking if I would be offended if someone served me cheap tequila and passed it off as expensive tequila? Someone who is giving it to me and not selling it? I would wonder why they'd imagine I would care, especially with tequila which tastes terrible no matter how much you spend.

Wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to me, I don't drink alcohol.

• CB

I have done it - people I know have no clue (and mixing with lime juice lemon juice and triple sec - who could really taste the tequila)  but the big glass bottle of 1800 is very impressive.....Doing shots would be a different thing though and not cool. 

Why would you have a sanitized, empty bottle laying around? And why couldn't you just empty it out and rinse it again?

• kswck2

What's the problem. Restaurants do it all the time, even though it is illegal. 

Depending on my relationship with that person, I'd either let it go, or I'd poke fun at them that the folks at Clase Azul probably wouldn't appreciate Jose' Cuervo impersonating them.

• I’d know it was junk tequila and wouldn’t be happy. A few years ago we finished a work project and a group went out to a bar where we were sitting at a table drinking. I was ordering Herradura Añejo which isn’t cheap. One of the guys kept buying rounds and I kept telling him I’d pay for my own, but he insisted on paying. Several drinks in, a new drink landed in front of me. I took a sip and literally did a spit-take. It sucked. Turns out the guy buying the rounds figured I was drunk enough that he could switch me over to the cheap stuff without me noticing. Wrong!!

• Cathy

If I saw it I would think they wanted to impress people with a better brand of tequila than what they had. And I would wonder why they didn't do it before anyone got to the party.