Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

If I take online/hybrid classes in college can I get away with as desktop computer or will I have to eventually get a laptop?

I got a gaming desktop. I used to have an old laptop that was pretty slow so I just gave it to my nephew as a toy. So I have no laptop but will I have to get one for college?

• P

The desktop will be fine. In fact it's far more productive with the larger screen\keyboard.  Most in person college classes will provide an in class lab computer if it's needed for in classroom work.  However some specific colleges require you to bring a laptop to class depending on your degree.    Don't get one unless you have money to burn or have been told by your college you will require one in class.  

• VP

You don't need a laptop for the majority of college classes.  It's just another thing to accidentally forget or get stolen.  Notepads for notes during class and a desktop to get online and to do papers on.

Depends upon the classes and the field of your degree.  If the teacher has expectation the in-class activities need a laptop, get one.   Or you might need to study on the fly, like in a library or in the commons where someone else might be studying with you.

I was a CADD teacher at colleges.  The rooms had desktops, but some students used laptops at home.

You can use a desktop, thats what I use and it's no problem