Xbox 1 won't play a clean disk but plays others fine?

My son has a minecraft disk that won't play on his Xbox one. The disk looks to be in perfect order and has worked for about 2 years. I thought maybe his disk drive was malfunctioning but he has other games in worse condition that play without issue. I can't figure out what the problem is... Also, if I just buy him the digital version, will we lose all the DLC we had purchased? Aside from the game itself, I've probably spent over $100 on additional skins and maps for him and I'd hate to lose it all. Any help is very much appreciated

I believe purchases are linked with the Microsoft or Sony account. If Microsoft, try signing in on the Microsoft Store (PC) and install the game, if possible. Are there any signs of dusts in the optical drive? Comments are temporarily disabled, so you may want to update your question.