Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is it safe to leave a small plug in night light on all night? Will it catch on fire?

I have poor sight with out glasses and will fall in the dark.

I am 37, not 80!

But am severely short sighted

Update:

And live alone

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Buy night lights. They are made to be on for long periods of time without catching fire. I grew up with them - they are fine!

• Prince
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Safer to sleep with regular lamps on and wear an eye mask easily removed. Then, if you have either an intruder or an emergency, you quickly remove the eye mask and you can see what's happening in good light. A good dog often can warn you and save your life. Dogs are a gift from God and good sentinels.

• 2 months ago

All modern night lights should be LED, meaning that the risk for a fire is practically zero. My house has had the same night light plugged in the hall for over a year straight and it's hardly even warm at its max temperature. Night lights are intended to be left on all night, often longer. 

• 2 months ago

I cannot imagine what makes you think this is anything to do with Etiquette.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

50 years ago, this would have been a valid question.  But now a days it is perfectly safe.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If its a plug in night light it should be 'safe' to leave on, You can get one fitted that comes on when it gets dark and then goes off at dawn / daylight. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont see anything wrong with that, thats what night lights are for

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's called a "night light" for a reason.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I leave a small LED night light on all night. The house is still standing.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's what night lights are for!  They're made to be safe to leave plugged in for at least 12 hours - or even more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.