Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Is Yahoo Answers too slow to permanenly ban people even when there is no reason?

Even their 'no reason' bans can take days to occur.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Some users have  done and said such vile and terrible things they deserve to be banned forever.....facebook and twitter can do this it seems, Yahoo Answers  cant or cant be bothered.  I am not talking about "freedom of speech" in a political sense, I mean spiteful and nasty Troll attacks against other users because they have lost the argument.

• 1 month ago

swampy,everyone should be entitled to there own views,,just move on to something else

• 1 month ago

Go ask in the Yahoo Products section, as this has NOTHING to do with Current Events.

• 2 months ago

Okay, help me to understand...You're asking if Yahoo is acting too slowly to ban people, even when there is no reason to ban them, right? So there are people being permanently banned, and for no reason, but you want to know why this cant happen faster? Do you listen to every song on the radio, read every story in the newspaper, or argue with every troll on the internet? Do you want those songs banned, stories banned, and trolls banned, all with the flip of a switch too? Wow..I don't know what else to say, other than that's a sad way to stagger thru life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Why would one want to ban the right to freedom of speech and expression?

Q&A probably has a political agenda that they work to. Thereby too many good leading question are removed. And the community shouldn't be self-governing no-one should have the right to censor other contributors by reporting them.

If you don't like a question or an answers that's soberly written, then it just too bad.

Contributions containing rants,swearing,using abusive language should be voted on.

Thee boxes Thumbs-up, Thumbs-down,and an Abusive box, a 5 click peers-review in the abusive box and the question or answer is removed.

Using Dianne as an example, as many do, is only pouring water on Dianne' mill.

She has the right to her opinion,an opinion that will not bodily hurt anyone,but when she and her SA mates hit the streets, then that will be, another matter.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, even when there is a reason.

Point gaming, between accounts, “know what I mean ‘arry”, 

Dozens of accounts TD to troll, stalk, and harass

And the daily propaganda of paid activists.

Threats, abuse, stalking......sound familiar?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They can't permanently ban anyone. More's the pity.

• 2 months ago

If people like Dianne are prepared to go to the trouble of getting multiple SIM cards for their phone so they can post race hate, anti-Semitic lies and abuse others with a variety of different accounts, it makes it very difficult to instigate a ban on those who persistently and repeatedly ignore the terms and conditions they agreed to.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have no idea what you're talking about but they need to bring in a system where you can protest unfair reporting because too many level seveners are abusing their power

Dianne: even right-wingers detest your disgusting views, probably even some on the far-right, as many Zionist Jews are

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I say so, there are even some who should’ve been banned years ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.