Mold and Roaches, I want OUT. ?

I just signed my lease on the 28th and I got the keys on the 1st, planned on moving in this Wednesday. Within the first minute of stepping in the kitchen, I saw a roach and I opened up the cabinet where the sink is, mold. 

I emailed the landlord. I had a family friend who is an exterminator and he said there is an infestation of 40+ roaches in the stove because of leftover rotten food.My landlord told me that the mold is a “stain” that came back and the cleaning crew did “the best they could” And that my “bugs/roaches” might just be ground beetles but they’ll have routine pest control guy come along and spay whatever I want.It’s a whole building, six floors,  so there no way it’s just my apartment. I’m honestly disgusted and just want to get out of the lease and possibly get some if not all my money back. I don’t even want to move in there anymore.

Is this possible?

Talk to the landlord. But be warned landlords are greedy and want the unit rented no matter what condition you signed it in you took it and paid the money to occupy it. The money from which he probably used to pay cheap handymen to tackle the discrepancies you found. It would have been better to really look around the unit opening everything and going back and additional time to confirm the cleanliness and standards of the unit. It is indeed the whole apartment that is infested. The problem is people are lazy and don't want to spend the extra money to try and treat it and this includes the landlord obviously knows there's a problem but is trying his best not to spend more money by seriously treating it... the best way for him to treat it would be to have the building tented and fumigated but that would be expensive and I doubt he's willing to go that far. Spraying, powders, and tablets only do so much to curb a roach problem and it also depends on what type of roaches you have. I think you are going to possibly find it very difficult but the best thing you can do is talk to your landlord and explain to him that you've had a change of mind. If not I would consider hiring your family friend that's in the pest control business and paying him or asking him his advice. He could also make a profit by going from door-to-door and putting on a discounted or side service offering upon the doors of everyone throughout the building to make even more money by treating the obvious infestation of whole building. But be warned, there are some people who Embrace bugs and will not let you kill anything from nature for their beliefs as they consider all life to be important even worthless, filthy, disgusting bugs. In my life I've had dealt with plenty of landlords that try to save money and try to skirt around the problem by hiring cheap handyman or cheap laborers to do their bidding. If you live in an apartment building you have my condolences because that is the absolute worst. But since you already forked over all that money and I probably not going to get it back I suggest you take action Now by bleaching and cleaning your apartment yourself, spraying the apartment when everything is dried and putting down boric acid or some other powers under your refrigerator, stove, and everywhere else you can in nooks and crannies and baseboards, Place baits and other traps in active areas such as kitchen and bathrooms, get roach paste and set the bait in random areas out of sight. All the precautions that I listed will take at least 1 to 4 weeks to see actual results but keep being diligent by cleaning and putting down the traps and spraying when you can. Since the whole building is infested they may just avoid your apartment because they know that's the one place that contains all the chemicals. Good luck.

make a roach army with all the roaches and then conquer constantinople