Matt
Lv 5
Matt asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Does Donald Trump not realize that attacking vote-by-mail and suppressing the vote will also hurt his own supporters?

There is zero evidence of widespread voter fraud in the postal voting system and Donald Trump himself (as well as members of his own family and administration) vote by mail. Why is he trying to suppress ALL votes and why does he want the American people to vote in person in the middle of a killer global pandemic?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It has less to do with anything concerning the post office than it does, with the idiots than actually create the mailings. They are the ones who send out ballots to multiple addresses for voters, cats, dogs or anyone else who isn't qualified to vote. Then there are the voter advocates who "help" voters fill out their ballots. Some of those ballots those advocates "help" with or drop into the mail for the voters have found garbage cans if the advocate didn't like the way the voter voted. Some mail carriers have also been guilty of this coming or going.

• bill
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

TDS being what it is i wouldn't trust leftists not to try to sabotage mail in voting somehow. If they're willing to beat someone up over a MAGA hat then they'd do anything.

• GiGi
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Please explain to me how attacking voting by mail hurts his own supporters.  It isn't like they do what he says lockstep anyway.  If they want to do an absentee vote they can and if they want to vote in person they can.  Oh and it isn't that hard to do social distancing at the polls on election day.  It isn't like his administration is actually enforcing any federal changes in voting as if they could.  Each state already has voting measures in place.  BTW, Trump only want to get his name in headlines before election day during a pandemic.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What Trump and his supporters have failed to mention is that several states already conduct the majority of their elections by mail in ballots and none of them have experienced any significant issues that would effect the outcome of any vote.  One state has been doing so for almost 20 years and in states starting this practice, several had referendums on it which were approved by voters voting physically at polls.  

There are always issues when any new system is put into place, not too many votes ago there were significant problems with voting procedures at polls that caused numerous issues resulting in people not voting correctly.  There is plenty of time to fix any significant issues and, if Trump and his appointees would stop messing with the postal service, there would be no cause for concern.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Your lying poster. New York City. Thousands of 

Ballots have gone missing.  New Jersey 20 

percent of a primary vote are now void. If you

can riot and Protest. You can go and vote at

the prescribed polling place. 

• 2 months ago

LOL!! A bunch of repubs here claim mail-in voting is super easy to cheat, but they don't provide a SINGLE link to support their claims.  Counter-evidence gathered here: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/ho...  34 states allow "no-excuse" absentee voting.

• 2 months ago

It isn't about ensuring a vote or hurting anyone's vote.  It is about having the claim available.  I lost because cheaters (not because people really dislike what I do).

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NJ, just google it, NY dem primaries, look into it. The list goes on and grows weekly now with issues being found with this all out mail in ballot BS.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can read a million articles, many of the written by democraps going back as far as the Carter administration which demonstrate the manipulation possible with mail in ballots.  It is not a secure system.  Simply have voting by appointment over a number of day at secure voting places.   If you can't find a way once a year to spend a couple of hours voting, apply for an absentee ballot, but to mail out ballots indiscriminately is nothing short of stupid.  

• 2 months ago

I disagree with you totally.  When Democrats want something, it is not for good reason.  It would be too easy to cheat.  In my county, this June, we had vote by mail for the primaries.  About 5,000 votes were not counted.  Some were late in the mail.  Voters did not return 3,500 ballots (or if they did, no one knows what happened to them)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.