My white friend doesn't believe in white privilege, is she a racist? ?

There's a lot of misconceptions about what "white privilege" means in these comments, I want to clear things up.

No, it doesn't mean their life isn't hard. It mean the color of their skin hasn't made it harder. Simple as that

Hopefully you'll grow up one day and stop blaming your lack of success on bullshìt theories like "white privilege".

If you judge someone by the color of their skin like you just did , then you are racist. 

Yes, unless she lives somewhere like Japan or Zimbabwe where her ethnicity is unusual and she doesn't have wide experience.  If she lives in a white majority area then yes, she is most definitely racist.  But then we all are.

Not necessarily, she could have never been exposed to "white privilege", if she is from a poor family.

Your "White" friend. Wish that I could stop at that. Never crossed my "White" mind. How in the world do you or I (I am supposing, darker than I) begin to recompence for the past. Want a million for your fatherless babies? Want your men to come home clean and without bullet wounds? Stand Up!

Slavery is still world wide and it makes me sick to my core. Your "White privilege" crap does the same. Your "Kings of old, and the new , are the heathens. Even "Black and Whites are selling whites and women of any race." Along with the so called kings of your heritage. Are you American or Not. Get a grip and realize that most WHITIE CRACKERS are not an enemy. You may be of African heritage... But are you an American ?

As a couple of answers here stated, your friend is misinformed or uninformed. White privilege is a reality in the United States of America. Like it or not, there are certain privileges that apply to White people that do not apply to others. There are those who believe that it becomes racist (in the opposite context) to make the claim that Whites benefit from their skin color, whereas other groups have been historically discriminated against. Much of the rejection of these facts is due to not wanting to believe that the system is in one group's favor. 

The other part to this is that there is a lack of education. When you have a disparity in income between Whites and other minority groups, or the number of incarcerations compared to Whites, then it suggests that there is a systemic problem. The lack of education or willingness to accept these realities is what ensures that the system as it is does not change to include a level of fairness. I don't think it is necessarily racist to deny White privilege and its existence, but it is certainly ignorant to do so. 

You can't say white privilege with out targeting a race. It's a manipulative concept based on guilting and blame shifting.

Believing in it makes you a toxic racist. 

She is simply uninformed. Any group of people who are denied proper education, health care, housing and job opportunities cannot compete with those who have access. Often a white person, who will often have had advantages growing up, will get a more privileged treatment. It's not that they are better, but often a minority will get overlooked for the 'perceived' superiority of a white person.

Because we don't choose where and to whom we are born, be kind to others. That could be you next time around.

• Ian

She, like many many of us, has been MIS-educated. Schools have whitewashed history, you can't really blame someone who doesn't know better because their Gov't lied to them. Unintentional racism is all around us, taking the initiative to re-learn history will be very hard for people who have believed what they were taught and have believed for years and years. When calling out racism, most of us want to know why, not hear you just say 'GOODBYE'. Nobody will ever change if we are just cancelled for ignorance. The truth shall set us ALL free.