If a person ask you if you think they are cute/attractive, you don’t think they are, would you tell them you don’t think they are cute?

I would tell them the truth in a kind way or just simply close my eyes. Lol

I’d be like, “Yeah, I think so. Not my type though but you’re cute”.  The “compliment sandwich”.   

“Yeah, I think so” - compliment

“Not my type though” - HINT (not to me at least) 

“But you’re cute” - to someone else

I would tell them that they look fine and that beauty/handsomeness is in the eye of the beholder.

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Teen Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 13-19, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up

If the person were a close friend (and I can't imagine anyone else asking that type of question), I would describe what I like about that person.

Really, opinions on cuteness/attractiveness vary so much between people that even if I didn't think a person was especially physically attractive, it doesn't mean another person would think the same.

It's consider rude in some places to tell a person your not attractive, or your not cute in my eyes. So little lies as in "oooh yeah, you're cute",  or "sure your attractive"is only to avoid the whole being an Ahole as negative remarks of your body features or your actions among my peers isn't turning me on. People who straight up tell me these type of questions I try to avoid too much contact with, due to the fact of the boldness of this person(s) question means they have the personality to match with it.  Meaning they have no shame in asking embarrassing questions i wouldn't want my parents to hear,  or they would be a little immature when hanging with my peers.

Forget it.You dont have to answer.Change the subject.It sounds like you're not interested in them and they need to move on.

no one I know would ask such a question in person

--------------------

I am often tempted to tell women in public I do not in the event they are extremely attractive or cute 

I am married and see it as a bad idea

I also want to tell their man how great a job picking her out he did

my son 36 told me .... yeah but she could be a real nasty person and only he knows it -- he sees it via his buddy 

yes I would tell them that....................

I hate when people do that.  Its like you don't want to answer because its just so damn awkward.  If I know the person, I try to be as honest as possible without being hurtful.  If I am not friends with the asker, I will just straight up be truthful. 

it depends on my relationship with that individual. typically, honesty is the best policy, but so is ensuring people are comfortable in their skin. sticking to descriptors like "attractive" help in situations like that since they are less specific than "handsome" or "cute"