Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 6 months ago

Am i getting my point across correctly?

'Can we be of a certain community? Yes. Does that mean we should not be a part of other communities? No. We can be part of a community but we can also be part of multiple communities. It's possible to be part of more than one group.'

When I wrote,'Does that mean we should not be a part of other communities? No.', I meant no, as in 'no, we should be part of other communities.' NOT no as in, no you can't be of other communities.

So was what I wrote correct in terms of expressing my viewpoint?

was the way I used the word 'no' correct?

You wrote it correctly.  You ask the question, then answer it definitively:  No.  That works.

I think it is quite correct to say No there, because the question is "Does that mean?"  and it does not mean that.

Is this is an academic paper? You usually can't use this kind of rhetorical question in a student essay, or the one word answer. If you must do it this way, write "No, we can be part...." 

Yes, that is logical.