Why do some feminists believe house chores take all day?

If that claim was actually true then wouldn't women working lead to people living in filth? Really, if it took fourteen hours a day to clean then how in the hell would it be advisable for women to work? lol

@Laura: Where did you even get all of that? 

Men and women traditionally had chores they did around the house.

No one thinks women only exist for house chores. That's silly. 

feminists aren't against house chores necessarily, but are opposed to the idea that a woman's job is to do chores and men don't have to. Or that women are only for housework, which is obviously unfair and untrue.

I guess it depends on how in depth one takes the chore process. It certainly could be an all day thing if you include shopping, tending to children and their doctor/dental appointments. Even if you just include activities in the house, many people don't dust or clean windows everyday. If you were to literally clean the house from top to bottom, there might not be enough of time in the day to do such a thing. It also includes the tools and products you have to work with, where mopping a floor with a toothbrush is going to take a lot longer than using a mop. Most people just do the minimum to keep the house respectable. I did not even mention the outside chores such as cutting the lawn, weeding, trimming the hedges, washing the cars, and keeping the sidewalks swept. When you add to the list, household projects, most families can never keep up where there is always a to do list.

If house chores take more than 3 hrs daily then she needs to learn what is cleaning and what is Not I can Vacuum wash up clean Kitchen make the bed and do one set of windows in less than 3 Hrs I have 7 rooms with windows in each the Lounge and Dining room has double windows the Kitchen Laundry and bathroom have 3 single windows so they are classed as one room I use a handheld Steam window cleaner it is so easy and QUICK

I have an Industrial Vacuum cleaner

• Jesere

Your stupidity is showing 

There's an insidious inflation of hygiene and tidiness expectations which mean that regardless of how much work you put in, it's never enough.  And it is women working.  We just don't get paid for it.

• Evi

Household chores do not take all day to perform. If you spend 10 to 20 minutes per day doing some housework in each room you can be done in less than 5 hours. (dependant on how many rooms you have in your home.) 

I was a stay at home baby sitter for quite some time. Women do totally  over spell the time and energy it takes to take good care of a flat. 

Since feminists encourage women to work and be independent they don't believe this. Traditional housewives who aren't feminists are the ones who are most likely to believe this.

• Rick

for them, maybe they do ???    wash a dish, take a drink, wash another dish, tweet how bored you are, wash another dish, check your e-mails ........................................

• lol. It took me at least an hour or hour in a half. They can't do the basic easy stuff. n