Are your games slowly going more digital?

with everything becoming more accessible and convenience that comes with digital, it is always tempting.  but is xbox game pass ultimate for example a good value at $15 / month?  which includes gold and game pass.  at $180 a year, it'd be nice if you bought a year subscription, they'd knock off $30 or so.

i still can find great prices on physical games, new or used.  every so often i'll get digital games, but the majority of my collection are physical.

what's your take on everything?

@radtiz that's the other thing i miss.  while in the US, most stores are opening back up but with restrictions, i don't nearly go in as often to browse for good used games anymore.  especially since most stores you can return used games too within their policy and get a full refund back, essentially renting from the store.  some online sites you can buy used games, but shipping can always be an issue.  

• Raditz
    Favorite Answer

Previously, I was 50/50 in physical & digital, but this pandemic really changes everything...

I was forced to buy digital in the last 4 months, since game stores in my country were either closed due to lockdown (no malls/non-essential stores may open), or they're late in stocking new games (need to wait more than a week), thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic.

And since this pandemic will last for more than a year, then I have no choice to went all digital on my games, or at least until the stores were re-opened and the supply chain is restored.

yes.they are going more digital

I only buy digital on the Switch.

Xbox physical games are cheap as hell, and Sony's exclusives I buy physical cause they actually matter, ouch did I say that.

Yes, SONY has been in the game since Nintendo got greedy.

Microsoft is hoping people subscribe to "Game Pass", that's their game plan for the Xbox series X.

Nintendo has no plans yet.

Sony is actually doing ****, SSD drive and exclusives.

I'll be a "fanboy" for life. 

Yes, games are slowly going digital, and I hate it.  I don't do video games very often and even less because I won't buy digitally, although a certain MMO may be sticking it to me and others with their next expansion and not be selling a physical copy other than collectors editions for the launch so I may have to renege on that.  If I cannot find a physical copy I typically will not purchase a game and a lot of companies have stopped making physical copies, even for their bigger and better titles.  Even though the physical copies of today are nothing but a box and a disc and you still need online access every time you go to use them, which is total bullshit, I still want the physical copy.  Seriously, why require online access for people who buy the discs and who aren't interested in multiplayer or DLC's or standings and rankings?  I buy the game, I binge the game, I beat the game once, maybe twice on a different difficulty, and that's the end of it... I don't need online access and I don't need digital versions.

Not slowly, like crazy fast. I used to wonder why it was always the disc reader that went bad in mu X Box, but I think it was an intentional flaw. An even when you own the physical copy of the games, they require digital updates every time you turn around.

I went 100% when i switched over to pc gaming. I can see the appeal of keeping a collection of physical game copies and having them on display. But I don't want that kind o clutter. I also don't have to worry about game discs getting lost or damaged. 

My pc case doesn't even have an external 5.25 drive bay.

Yeah it's not slowly we're already at the end point. They're making next gen consoles that will release at the end of this year that are digital only and they're cheaper then consoles that take discs. PC games are pretty much 100% digital now, if you buy a pc game box at the store they have no disc just a digital code inside. Anyway yeah I have a bunch of physical games but I also have probably 200 digital games if you count my pc and ps4 and 3ds. But yeah I usually buy used and physical if theres a better deal but sometimes its tempting to just buy it online so i can play immediately once it downloads.

Not slowly.  They've been about 99% digital since PS3, 3DS, Wii U era.