How do I stop people from arguing with me to get tested for COVID?

Ok, I may have ate at two restaurants and got a haircut in the last week, and I may have started coughing for the last day, but seriously, I have no other symptoms. I’m 20 years old, so I think I’m fine. The virus used to be big in my US city but now it’s going down. 

• Edna

There is no reason to be tested for corona virus - not unless you have several other symptoms of corona virus. If you test and the test is negative, all that proves is that you didn't have corona virus on the particular day you were tested. BUT, you could  be minding your own business and become infected one week later; and if you tested then, you would test positive.

Coughing for one day (especially if there are no other symptoms present) isn't necessarily a symptom of corona virus. You can cough for several other reasons: Your throat is irritated for some reason and might become sore; you are coming down with a cold; you have an allergy.

If you are coughing, you should not be going to restaurants and getting your hair cut. You need to wait until the cough goes away so you don't get others sick.   A lot of places have signs that tell you do not enter if you feel sick, have a fever or cough.  It is time to quit being selfish and think of others.  Don't get others sick cause you don't give a f@ck.   Some people are actually getting prosecuted for intentionally spreading the virus.   You could get someone sick and they could die and then you would be charged with murder. 

• It may be going down but it's still out there and you don't know who has it. You should be taking precautions to help prevent your self from getting it. People your age are contracting it, any one can get it if they're exposing them selves to covid. Coughing is a common symptom covid. 

You can have mild to no symptoms and be infected. 

If you're not wearing a mask when you go out to salons or restaurants then you're putting your self and others at risk of getting covid 19. 

It used to be big in my area too, new cases have gone down a lot but it's not zero. 

So call your doctor and see if you should get tested. If I thought I was exposed to the virus, I would get tested.  

Get tested, you absolutely should as it will save lives. Coughing alone can be a symptom. Realize it is not you at age 20 who is really in much danger but the high risk people and elderly. If you give it lets say to a friend and the friend gives it to a colleague and the colleague gives it to a cousin and that cousin has asthma and dies. It spreads from person to person like that. Get tested to be safe. 

Stay at home for a few days and see how you are then.

Where i live, you cannot get tested without a doctor's orders and a doc would not order a test based only on those facts.   Maybe your situation is similar to mine?  Tell them you probably do not meet testing criteria.

• Marc

Tell them to mind their own damn business! This thing has people acting like LITERAL NAZIS.  People being maced, having coffee thrown on them...chill out

• J

You should get tested, and stay home until you get a result. If you’re positive, you need to quarantine. If you go out and continue to infect people, you’re just a selfish piece of crap. It’s not just about you.

You need to get tested if you have symptoms and or self isolate. It doesn't matter if you don't other symptoms. Nobody cares if you are twenty years old or feel fine. You do not have a right to go out and infect others. It doesn't matter if in your city it is going up or down. You have symptoms stay away from people and get tested. If you are arguing with people it means you are going out.