Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

Can I really make homemade frozen yogurt at home in my kitchen? ?

Do I just buy yogurt and put it into the freezer? 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

homemade frozen yogurt at home in my kitchen made really good must try you would be satisfied 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

homemade yogurt is not store bought. you have to make the yogurt yourself. 

• 4 months ago

Piece of cake. All you need is an ice cream maker. Then just follow the recipes. Frozen yoghurt is a lot cheaper than good ice cream and has less of a calorie load. I make some every so often.

You COULD make some by putting it in the freezer but you get much better results if you freeze it while mixing with other ingredients.

• 4 months ago

No, you can't make it that way; you'll end up with a block of ice because there's a lot of water in yogurt. There's a recipe here for making it. https://www.asweetpeachef.com/how-to-make-frozen-y...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

You need sugar and flavoring and whole milk yogurt (or anything with lots of fat).

• 4 months ago

you can. ANYTHING you buy can be made at home, within reason.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes and it's really simple to make. Here's a quick throw together one from this recipe page that I've been playing around with.

https://www.justataste.com/5-minute-healthy-greek-...

INGREDIENTS

4 cups frozen fruit of your choice

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 Tablespoons honey

INSTRUCTIONS

In the bowl of a food processor, combine the frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and honey. Process the mixture until it is creamy, about 5 minutes. (See Kelly's Notes.)

Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and freeze it until ready to serve.

KELLY’S NOTES:

The type and size of frozen fruit will determine how long it has to be blended. Sliced frozen bananas may only require 2 to 3 minutes of blending, while larger frozen strawberries or diced mango may require up to 5 minutes.

You can use full-fat Greek yogurt or any percentage of fat, however the more fat, the creamier the frozen yogurt will be.

This Greek frozen yogurt will last up to 1 month when stored properly in an airtight container in the freezer.

If you want more recipes just search on Google for homemade frozen yogurt.

• D50
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Frozen yogurt is really an ice cream recipe that uses some yogurt. There are lots of recipes on line. Freeze it like you would ice cream. You can find Cuisinart ice cream freezers quite cheap on Craigs List and they work very well.

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No you go online find a recipe for freezer frozen yogurt and follow the steps.

• 4 months ago

You need the right kind of yoghurt, and then in order to stop it separating during freezing you need to flash freeze it - usually with nitrogen!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.